It is imperative to have CNC machining done by the correct company.
It's important to explore the market place and to make sure that the machining shop is competitively priced and that they have a reputation for excellence and timeliness.
This is a list of 10 items that you will want to think about and explore with the machine shops representative before you make your final decision:
1. How much time do the employees have in the machining industry? Do they possess multiple years in this trade?
2. Does the shop look neat and presentable? Does it look like it is run with a high level of organization?
3. Are their service representatives professional and timely with their responses to your questions?
4. Are there examples of their past work and do they produce endorsements from past clients?
5. Every time you call them, are they putting you in touch with someone that can discuss your design plans in detail, or are you given the "run around"?
6. Does the shop a well drawn out estimate and a guarantee of completion date?
7. Is the machine shop widely known and documented?
8. Does the machine shop have quality assurances and do they employ top of the line measuring devices and is it properly adjusted frequently?
9. Are the lathes and centres made by well known companies and is there proof that the end product shows high tolerances and good finish?
10. Are there a number of payment options for you to choose from, (eftpos, cash, check, internet transfer, etc.)?
By asking these questions and researching the machine shop before you hire them, you will save yourself the headache of future disputes.